The Patello Femoral Implant Systems are designed to restore the unique articular surface geometry of the Patella and Femoral Trochlea Groove, while maintaining patients’ native joint anatomy. This creates a congruent pathway by using an intraoperative 3-dimensional mapping system with contoured articular resurfacing implants. The Patello Femoral HemiCAP® is available in 2 different sizes, with 21 trochlear convexities and 13 different patellas, making it the most versatile PF system in the world. The PF Classic system is indicated for isolated and contained lesions of the trochlea groove and patella. The PF Wave System, however, is indicated for those patients who have more diffuse and/or extensive damage to their PF joint. Both the trochlea and patella implants are designed as inlay implants in order to maintain and restore congruency in the PF joint which is very important for proper patella tracking.
- Preserves native anatomy and can be performed in conjunction with soft tissue alignments and/or on dysplastic femurs
- Precision milling jigs provide a reproducible technique that eliminates repetitive trialing and burring
- Intraoperative mapping, multiple convexities and trials ensure an anatomic fit
- One tray with simple reproducible technique and instrumentation
- Multiple inlay trochlea and patella implants provide an off-the-shelf custom fit
- Inlay components preserve the joint by only removing a small amount of bone which maintains future options: “no bridges burned”
- Little to no activity restrictions making the Arthrosurface® implants an active alternative to knee replacement
- Can be performed as an outpatient surgery
The fit achieved using the precision instrumentation of either the UniCAP® or PF HemiCAP® system is a significant improvement over existing joint replacement products. Arthrosurface® fits the implant to the patient at the time of surgery. Arthrosurface® restores the native joint biomechanics and preserves bone and tissue that is typically removed with total joint replacement systems. By leaving all supporting tissues intact, proprioception is maintained. Our goal with the UniCAP® or PF HemiCAP® system is to restore normal joint function by preserving native anatomy and resurfacing only the damaged surfaces in the knee.
- The anatomic femoral curvatures and inlay patella are designed to restore a natural moving knee by keeping the joint congruent and ligament structures intact
- The procedure may be performed on outpatient basis
- PF HemiCAP® allows for preservation of bone and soft tissues
- Maintains existing joint biomechanics thereby allowing normal motion and less recovery time
- Patients are experiencing a rapid return to activity for both work and exercise
- Shortener recovery time
- No activity restrictions
- Intuitive, universal, reproducible procedures across multiple joints
- Minimally invasive procedure can be performed on an outpatient basis
- Ligaments or a realignment procedure can be performed in conjunction with the implant.
- Maintains soft-tissue envelope and native joint mechanics
- Preserves meniscus and skeletal anatomy allowing a future total joint replacement
- The two components are connected together via morse taper, with zero reported loosening