ToeMATE® Hammertoe System
The ToeMATE® Hammertoe Correction System is designed to treat patients suffering from a hammertoe deformity. What is hammertoe? It’s essentially a contracted toe that develops from having the toes bent abnormally for extended periods of time; a hammertoe can occur in any one of the toes. It usually occurs in conjunction with bunions and affects multiple toes at once. The ToeMATE® system was designed based on proven HemiCAP® technology to provide a very strong and stable fixation of the joint.
ToeMATE® implants consist of two screws and a pin that locks the two screws in place. Each screw is implanted in either side of the affected joint and is interconnected via the center locking pin that gives the system its strength, stiffness and stability. Patients who do not like the idea of having pins sticking out of their toes for a period of up to 6 weeks after hammertoe surgery are ideal candidates for the ToeMATE® Hammertoe implants, which are completely embedded in the toes. There is no need for a revision or removal surgery after implantation. Following surgery patients can continue to maintain a pain free, active lifestyle with great looking toes.
The ToeMATE® implants are offered in multiple sizes to fit all of the lesser toes of the foot. These implants are completely embedded inside the patients toes unlike traditional hammertoe procedures where pins can protrude out from inside the foot for up to 6 weeks after surgery. The ToeMATE® instrumentation is designed to:
- Be provided as a sterile, one time use disposable system
- Minimize the chance of infection
- Shorten surgical time
- Eliminate any possible implantation errors
- Ease of surgeon use
The implants are clinically proven to be very stiff and provide a strong and stable system that will not loosen once implanted. The system components are also designed for easy removal in case a revision surgery is desired. All of these features are to minimize pain and discomfort that is known to be associated with traditional hammertoe correction devices. Many other hammertoe correction systems require special handling, provided frozen require the use of surgical power tools such as drills and pin drivers while the ToeMATE® system is implanted by hand.
If your doctor has diagnosed you with a Hammertoe Deformity, you may be a candidate for the ToeMATE® Procedure if you:
- Suffer from severe pain caused by a hammertoe deformity
- Are looking to get your aesthetically pleasing and attractive toes back
- Cannot walk without pain due to a hammertoe deformity
- Have Pain & Stiffness due to a hammertoe deformity
- Looking to maintain an active lifestyle
- Want the ability to wear normal shoes again
- Do not want pins sticking out of your toes for up to 6 weeks
- Aged 18 years or older
*Seek professional medical advice for specific personal care.
NEWs / updates / blog
Sign Up for Automatic Updates
- A hammer toe or contracted toe is a deformity of the proximal interphalangeal joint of the second, third, or fourth toe causing it to be permanently bent, resembling a hammer.
- The most common cause of hammertoe is a muscle/tendon imbalance
- Hammertoe can occur if a toe is too long and is forced into a cramped position (ex. when a tight shoe is worn)
- Hammertoe deformities won’t heal without some kind of intervention, ex. Hammertoe Surgery
- The most common deformity of the lesser toes is a Hammertoe deformity
- Allows patients to Stay Active
- Hammer toe pain relief can be relieved with the ToeMATE™ Hammertoe System