It is not too late to plan the perfect Father’s Day to show your dad just how much you love him! We planned a day from start to finish that we think your dad will appreciate! If your dad suffers from arthritis or joint pain or even if he is just looking to live healthier, this plan keeps him in mind!
First things first, you need to plan a little in advance to get your dad the perfect gift. Here are some gift suggestions!
- Massage Gift Certificate: Regular massage appointments can result in a significant decrease in joint pain and stiffness.
- Fitbit Versa: This new Fitbit will help your dad accomplish his fitness goals this year!
- Sneakers: A great pair of supportive shoes can do wonders for someone who has bad knees. Click here to see some ideas!
- Reusable water bottle: The average man does not get the recommended amount of water per day. Since 60% of joint cartilage is made from water, it is so critical to stay hydrated to avoid joint pain.
- Golf Clubs or Golf Certificate: Golfing is a great activity for people with joint pain to stay active. Some benefits include, improved strength, balance and coordination and better range of motion.
- Wireless Headphones: AirPods or Bose SoundSport Wireless Headphones are perfect for your dad who loves to #StayActive by going on long walks or runs!
Next, plan some activities that get you and your dad out of the house! While your dad will appreciate an awesome gift, what he wants most is to spend time with you.
- The beach is a great place to take your dad on Father’s Day. Swimming is a healthy, low impact exercise for those with joint pain or arthritis! Also, walking on the beach is relaxing and beneficial to those with joint pain.
- The zoo is another great place to get some steps in while also enjoying the outdoors. Take your dad or grandfather to the zoo this Father’s Day!
- Take your dad golfing this Father’s Day! Exercise is extremely important to combat joint pain and golfing is a great activity to pick up for those with joint pain.
Plan some great meals for your dad to pamper him this Father’s Day. Here are some recipes that taste great and are great for his health.
For breakfast try making some recipes with ingredients like egg, avocado, wheat toast, black beans, and spinach. Eggs are a great source of protein and vitamin B! Black beans are full of anti-inflammatory properties, which can help alleviate the aches and pains of arthritis. Avocados which have many health benefits including a stronger heart, clearer skin, weight loss and also help prevent health issues like diabetes and arthritis. Treat your dad to breakfast in bed with one of these easy, nutritious egg recipes!
- Huevos Rancheros
- Eggs Florentine Avocado Toast Recipe
- California Omelette with Swiss Cheese
- Cottage Cheese Scrambled Eggs
For lunch and dinner, these recipes feature ingredients with anti-inflammatory properties. Tilapia is a good source of selenium, a mineral that helps to improve arthritis symptoms. Another great fish is non genetically modified (Non-GMO) salmon; it is rich in omega-3s and vitamin D, both of which enhance joint health, boost immunity and protect against inflammation. Beans have tons of fiber, protein and anti-inflammatory phytonutrients. Colorful fruits and veggies, like strawberries, blueberries, broccoli, kale, lettuce, spinach, kale, and blackberries are loaded with antioxidants have an anti-inflammatory effect. Here’s a list of some delicious, healthy recipes to make this Father’s Day.
- Strawberry Avocado Spinach Salad With Poppyseed Dressing
- Grilled Tilapia Spinach Salad
- Moroccan Vegetable Skewers
- Fish Tacos and Tropical Salsa
- Easy Grilled Tilapia
- Grilled Salmon Kebabs
Check out our Pinterest page for some other great anti-inflammatory recipes!
Happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there!