The older we get, the more common it is to suffer with aches and pains in our joints. As this pain typically progresses, it is important to be proactive and take beneficial steps to achieve healthy joints. One of the best things you can do to minimize joint pain and prevent further damage is to maintain a healthy diet with moderate exercise so that your muscles, bones and joints can become strong and stable. Below are five tips that can help to reduce pain and keep your joints healthy!
- Low impact exercises such as walking, cycling and swimming. These activities are great for protecting your joints and keeping them loose.
- Eat fish high in omega-3 fatty acids, such as Salmon, to help reduce inflammation in your joints.
- Maintain a healthy weight. Losing just a few pounds will take some of the strain off of your hips & knees. Each lost pound takes 4 pounds of pressure off of your knees.
- Strengthen your core – a strong core helps with balance resulting in less falls and injuries to joints.
- Good posture allows your muscles to work together resulting in less strain on your joints.
Are you experiencing joint pain? Learn more about your options.